Sign Language Interpreting and Captioning Services are available by request for participants who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing. To request an Interpreter or Captioner please contact LibraryDeanOffice@mail.wvu.edu at least 3 business days prior to this event.
Print the page Add to a Calendar using iCal Share page on Facebook This link opens in a new window Add to Google Calendar This link opens in a new window Share page on Twitter This link opens in a new window
Finding Social Science Datasets Online
Social scientists use data to trace, understand, and make predictions about the social world. This workshop will introduce two of the leading repositories of Social Science research data: the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) and the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research. By the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Apply searching and browsing techniques to identify relevant datasets for secondary analysis
- Understand a dataset record and other data documentation
- Perform downloads of full datasets
- Monday, October 10, 2022
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Downtown Campus Library
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Graduate Students Undergraduate Students
- Research Commons Workshop Research Skills
Registration has closed.
Learn more about finding social sciences data via this research guide: https://libguides.wvu.edu/data.