Creating and Managing Your Online Scholarly Presence Online
Maintaining an online scholarly presence is an increasingly important component of being a successful researcher. By developing a strong identity online, you can make your scholarship visible to larger audiences and potentially make a larger impact in your field. During this workshop, you will learn how to build and manage your online scholarly presence. We will look at popular platforms for scholarly profiles, strategies for increasing the readership of your research, and tools for tracking the impact of your work.
- Attendees will learn how to register for an ORCID iD (a persistent digital identifier) to distinguish themselves from other researchers and get recognition for their scholarly contributions.
- Attendees will create a Google Scholar Profile and add basic information to their profile.
- Attendees will identify an open access repository used by researchers in their discipline
Related LibGuide: Increasing the Visibility and Impact of Your Research by Ian Harmon
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.